The following terms apply to any Purchase of a License to Use an e-book from our website. This is a legal agreement between the customer (“you”) and The Salvation Army (“us”, “we”), and states the material terms and conditions that govern your purchase and use of our e-books. This agreement, together with all updates constitute and shall be referred to as the “Agreement” between you and us. When you buy an e-book from our website, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms of Sale and Use.
When you purchase an e-book from our website, an email will be sent to the email address provided upon purchase. Said communication will contain a unique link for you to download an eBook.
Copyright © 2022 The Salvation Army Canada & Bermuda.
All elements of our e-books, including but not limited to the words, graphics, and pictures, are protected by copyright, moral rights, trademark, and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. We control the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our e-books. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved. You must retain, and must not delete, obscure, or remove, all copyright notices and other proprietary notices in the e-book.
3. Licence to use e-book
Subject to your payment of the applicable price and compliance with the restrictions below and the other terms of this agreement, we grant to you a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the e-book as follows:
- a one-time download of a copy of the e-book. This license to use is intended only for your personal and non-commercial use;
- right to store and view a single copy of the e-book on not more than 2 desktop or notebook computers;
- right to store and view a single copy the e-book on not more than 2 e-book readers, PDAs or similar electronic devices;
- right to print a single copy of the e-book solely for your own non-commercial purposes;
- any other use of the e-book downloaded or accessed is strictly prohibited;
- the rights granted to you by this agreement are personal to you, and you must not permit any third party to exercise these rights;
- risk of loss transfers to you when you download or access the e-book.
4. Prohibited Uses
You must not in any circumstances:
- publish, republish, sell, license, sub-license, rent, lease, transfer, broadcast, distribute or redistribute, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works from, perform, display, assign any rights to the e-book or any portion of it, or in any way exploit, any of the content of this e-book, in whole or in part.
- edit, modify, adapt or alter the e-book or any part of the e-book;
- use of the e-book or any part of the e-book in any way that is unlawful or in breach of any person’s legal rights under any applicable law, or in any way that is offensive, indecent, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- use of the e-book or any part of the e-book to compete with us, whether directly or indirectly;
- use the e-book or any part of the e-book for a commercial purpose.
5. Cancellation Policy
Due to the nature of this product, all sales are final.
6. Assistance with Orders
For assistance on downloading your e-book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you breach any of the terms of this agreement, then the licence set out above will be automatically terminated upon such breach (whether or not we notify you of termination). Upon the termination of the licence, you will promptly and irrevocably delete from your computer systems and other electronic devices any copies of the e-book in your possession or control, and will permanently destroy any paper or other copies of the e-book in your possession or control.
8. Disclaimer & Liability Waiver
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information in the e-book is correct, we do not warrant or represent its completeness or accuracy. We make no warranties, express or implied, about the information and materials in the e-book, which is provided “as is”. We specifically disclaim any warranty as to the suitability, reliability, timeliness, or accuracy of the information or content contained on the e-book for any purpose. We do not warrant or represent that the use of the e-book will lead to any particular outcome or result. Neither the author, publisher, or us is engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this e-book and the use of this e-book. You explicitly agree that neither the author, publisher, nor The Salvation Army shall be liable or responsible for any loss or damage allegedly arising from any information, content, or suggestion in this e-book, including but not limited to the user’s reliance on such content.
You agree to defend and indemnify us from any and all liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, related to any violation of these terms by you, or in connection with your use of the e-book.
10. Pirate copies
If you have bought or received a copy of this e-book from any source other than from our website, then that copy is a pirate copy. If this has happened to you, please let us know by email to email@example.com
11. Right to revise these terms
Your use of any e-book purchased from our platform is conditioned upon your prior acceptance of this Terms of Sale and Use, which may be updated from time to time without notice to you. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Revised Terms of Sale and Use will be made available on our website. Please check these terms periodically for changes.
If any provision of these Terms of Sale and Use shall be declared by a court as unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable herein without regard to conflict of laws rules. Any disputes relating to this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.